I wanted to address very important issue of Prophets and Prophecy in the Written Torah.
First and foremost, PROPHECY HAS NOT CEASED !!! Rabbis perpetuate a lie that prophecy has ceased and there are no more prophets. This is a blatant lie !!! Written Torah is very specific that prophecy is forever and God will provide us prophets from our brothers in EVERY GENERATION !!!
The reason why most of us not aware of the prophets is because they are rare and because we treat those that are real as crazy or messing with us.
Here are simple rules to the Prophets and Prophecy that Written Torah dictates. You can find explicit verses about Prophets and so-called Prophet Test in Deuteronomy 13:1-5 and Deuteronomy 18:15-22.
- Prophet must speak in the name of Yahuah. If a prophet speaks in the name of other gods (i.e Son of God mentioned in NT), he is most certainly a false prophet.
- Prophet must NEVER CONTRADICT WRITTEN TORAH. Prophet CAN'T PREACH ANYTHING BUT THE WRITTEN TORAH. If the prophet is preaching some other book than the Written Torah (i.e New Testatment or Books of Prophets), he is a false prophet.
- PROPHET AND PROPHECY MUST BE VERIFIABLE !!! Prophet MUST SHOW A WONDER OR A SIGN !!! If prophet can't do a wonder or a sign, he a false prophet!!! If prophet dies, we can't verify him anymore and can't consider him authentic anymore.
- Prophecy CAN'T BE IN THE WRITTEN FORM. This is because this would make such writing an addition to the Torah (Deuteronomy 4:2) and it would not allow us to verify the prophet because he is dead already.
- Prophet MUST KNOW WRITTEN TORAH at least as well as you do!. If the Prophet does not know the Written Torah and can't explain his prophecy according to the Written Torah - he is a false prophet! This is not stated explicitly in the Torah, but this is what is most certainly being implied in Deuteronomy 13:4-5, meaning the prophet MUST NOT cause you to do anything other than what is written in the Written Torah.
That is it !!! Once again, if Prophet or Prophecy does not follow ALL of these rules, it is a false prophet and prophecy !!!
Please note that ALL OTHER BOOKS OF THE BIBLE ARE PROHIBITED ADDITIONS TO THE WRITTEN TORAH (DEUT 4:2) !!! NK, Talmud of the Rabbis and the New Testament are also prohibited additions to the Written Torah !!!
DO NOT FOLLOW OR BELIEVE ANYTHING ELSE BUT THE WRITTEN TORAH !!!
LISTEN ONLY TO PROPHETS AND PROPHECY THAT DOES NOT CONTRADICT THE WRITTEN TORAH !!!