The Ten Commandments/The Decalogue
The Ten Commandments
Yahuah (יהוה) = Yahuah
Elohim (אלהים) = God
Mitzraim (מצרים) = Egypt
Left Hand that brings Riches and Honor
Right Hand that brings Long Life
Death of the Livestock
Not you shall murder. (Exodus 20:13)
(Life and Death)
I am Yahuah, your God who brought you out from a land of Egypt, from a house of slaves. Not shall become to you gods other ones before Me. (Exodus 20:2-3)
Death of the Firstborn
Creatures of the Dark
Not you shall commit sexual perversion. (Exodus 20:14)
Counting of the Omer
Not you shall make for yourself a carving, and any likeness, which is in heavens from above, and which is in an earth from beneath, and which is in waters from under earth; not shall you bow down to them, and not you shall be a slave to them; for I am Yahuah, your God, God jealous, visiting iniquity of fathers on sons of the third generation and fourth generation of ones hating Me; and doing kindness to a thousands generations of ones loving Me and ones guarding My commandments. (Exodus 20:4-6)
Lice or Mosquitoes
Not you shall steal. (Exodus 20:15)
Blowing of the Shofar
Not you shall take the Name of Yahuah, your God, in vain; for not shall acquit Yahuah Whomever takes his Name in vain. (Exodus 20:7)
Not you shall answer about your associate a testimony false. (Exodus 20:16)
Day of Atonement
Remember a day of the Rest, to hallow it. Six days you shall be a slave, and do all your work; and a day the seventh is rest unto Yahuah, your God, not you shall do any work (of a slave*), you, and your son, and your daughter, your male-slave, and your female-slave, and your beast, and your sojourner who is in your gates; for six days was making Yahuah the Heavens and the Earth, the Sea, and All which is in them, and He ceased in a day the seventh; therefore blessed Yahuah a Day of the Rest, and hallowed it. (Exodus 20:8-11)
Hail and Fire
Water into Blood
Not you shall covet a house of your associate; not you shall covet a wife of your associate, and his male-slave, and his female-slave, and his bull, and his donkey, and anything which is to your associate. (Exodus 20:17)
Feast of the Tabernacles
Glorify your Father and your Mother, so that prolonged are your days on the ground which Yahuah, your God gives to you. (Exodus 20:12)
Here is the brief explanation to this table:
- The Ten Commandments are the "compressed" Torah (see Ex 34:28, Deut 4:13 and Deut 10:4), meaning that these 10 commandments are ambiguous enough to include all Torah commandment. I.e commandment #7 encompasses all sexually deviant acts, not just traditional adultery.
- Two Tablets corresponded to Two human Hands.
- 10 Commandments corresponded to 10 fingers.
- Each pair of the 10 Commandments corresponded to one of the 5 mandatory Holidays.
- Each pair of the 10 Commandments corresponded to each other. I.e Idolatry vs Sexual Perversion e.t.c
- Each of the 10 Commandments corresponded to each of the 10 plagues.
- Corresponding Holiday signified the reward for keeping the Commandment.
- Corresponding Plague signified the punishment for violating the Commandment.
- Order of the Holidays also signified their priority. I.e Numbers 9:6-10.